Recently my husband and I decided to revisit our cable bill and see if we could possible save money with another company. With our present company, we have the bundled package of telephone, cable, and internet. We realized that we just don’t use our landline phone and are looking to drop that portion of the bill. We use our cell phones for calling and keeping both is just not economical. I love my high speed internet with my present carrier so I’ll keep it with them. But the television is another story. We are just not too happy with that portion of our service.
One option that I came across in my search was Direct TV. From their website it looks like they have multiple packages with multiple options. One package had over 265 channels. We are just not sure that we need that many channels.
There are many questions that we have about switching and about their service.
- Do we want to put a dish on the side of the rental house?
- Do we need 265 channels?
- If we decide we don’t need 265 channels, can we get a package that includes the channels that we want?
- We have 3 rooms that we would want the Direct TV system installed in. How much extra is this going to be? Is there an extra charge on it each month?
- What is the contract period?
- Is the monthly payment locked in for the duration of the contract period?
- How quick can it be installed?
- If something goes wrong with the system, is there a local place to take it for repairs?
- If there is no local place for repairs, how is it handled?
- This brings us to another point, what exactly is the warranty on the system?
- In regard to payment each month, do they draft the checking account or can you pay online?
- What exactly is going to be the saving if we switch?
- Is the savings between the cable and Direct TV service going to be enough for me to start spending time to get it switched?
These are just a few of the questions the we have started asking ourselves. I’ll let you know when I’ve found out more information. If you have recently looked at a similar switch or if you have any other questions that I haven’t thought of asking, please leave us a comment.
Till next time,
The Frugal Housewife