Black Friday Sales! 40% off! Sale starts at 4:30! Opening at Midnight! Shop Now! Huge Savings!
These are just some of the catchy marketing phrases used to lure you into the stores to shop the Black Friday sales. I’m supposing that as a “frugal” person that they should work on me. But they don’t. I’ve had too many “experiences” at these sales. Some of the reasons I don’t shop the “Black Friday” sales are:
1. My shopping list is small. Most of my items are not on sale enough for me to go stand in line at 2:00 a.m., in the freezing cold, with a large crowd of people that may or may not be controllable.
2. Getting up at 7:00 a.m. to go to work is hard for me so why am I going to get up at 2 in the morning to go save a few dollars on my small list.
3. I don’t like large crowds. From the pictures that I’ve seen, the crowds were huge.
4. I’ve shopped the “Black Friday” sales. I don’t like being pushed, pulled, hit, cussed at, nearly ran over with buggies, or have things yanked out of my hands because someone else gets caught up in the moment and forgets how to act in a store.
5. There will be other sales before Christmas. I’ll go to those or I’ll …
6. Shop online. Shopping online from the comfort of my home is much more convenient.
Do you shop the “Black Friday” sales? If you, leave us a comment telling us some of your “Black Friday” experiences. If not, why? Leave us a comment and tell us why you don’t shop “Black Friday” sales.
Till next time,
The Frugal Housewife